Try this recipe for cat cupcakes!
What you need:
- 3 baby carrots
- 12 oz. (375 g) canned tuna in water
- 3.75 oz. (106 g) cooked sardines in water
- 2 tbsp. (30 ml) bread crumbs
- 3 tbsp. (45 ml) grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tbsp. (5 ml) catnip
- 1 egg beaten with a few pinches of bonito flakes and catnip for garnish (optional)
- Cupcake cups (the metal ones work best)
What to do:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a plastic container, cook baby carrots with some water inside a microwave for 5 minutes or until they are soft. Drain and mash the carrots.
- Drain tuna and sardines from the can. Reserve the liquid for use later (as garnish).
- Combine all the ingredients and mix evenly (except the garnishes).
- Now, you can either roll them up into balls or cook them inside molds. Cupcake and fish molds work as well. Bake for about 20 minutes or until they are firm. Let them completely cool before serving.
- Sprinkle a bit of catnip and bonito flakes onto each cupcake. Drizzle with a bit of the tuna and sardine juice. Your cat(s) will LOVE it!
WARNING: There are just treats. Your cat(s) should not have them all the time.