Your kitty walks as light as a feather, sometimes just like a little ballerina! Once in this cute cat tutu, she’ll seem like she’s dancing on air.
What you need:
- Tulle (any color)
- Wide ribbon
- Nontoxic fabric glue
Fun fact: Did you know that cats walk on their toes? That’s why they’re so graceful. In ballet, a move called pas de chat translates to “cat step” where a ballerina leaps to the side.
What to do:
- Measure the ribbon around kitty’s waist. (Make sure that it fits loosely, not too tight.)
- Cut to size. cut a piece of tulle (about 6 inches (15 cm) long). Gather it in the middle, pinching it with your fingers.
- Take the pinched tulle and create a slipknot around the ribbon, so that it knots tightly to the ribbon.
- Repeat steps 2-3 with more pieces of tulle. Don’t gather them around the entire ribbon, or else the cat might find it hard to walk if the skirt falls under her belly. Instead, put enough tulle so that the skirt comes out of her back and sides.
- When satisfied with the amount of tulle, lay the skirt flat and use fabric glue to attach two pieces of Velcro to each end of the ribbon.
Once the Velcro has dried, fit the tutu around your cat’s waist…and presto! Your diva cat is now a beautiful ballerina! For added effect, tie some ribbon around your cat’s two front legs!